Thursday, January 23, 2014

Latest "Meh" Books

As a frequent reader, you come across a few duds or books that aren't necessarily bad but aren't really novels you'd recommend either.  Here are some recent "meh" reads:

Inferno by Dan Brown - I thought I was going to like this book (as I've read a few of his other works and enjoyed them) but beyond the Florence setting, I wasn't too enamored of this read.

Stella Bain by Anita Shreve - I've read another of her books a looong time ago, but I vaguely remember liking it.  I also chose to read this because it was recommended somewhere (I can't remember where now).  Unfortunately, this was an annoyingly predictable novel.  I knew exactly where the plot was going...I kept thinking "surely there's a twist!  This is much too obvious!"  But nope.  Nada.


No comments:

Post a Comment