The Broke and the Bookish, this week's topic: Top Ten Bookish Goals/Resolutions for 2014. I already kinda touched on this in my New Year of Reading post, but let me delve a little deeper into my goals as a reader:
1. I am going to try and read all of my kindle backlog - whoa! This may seem pretty ambitious but I've been working on this one slowly but surely so that I only have a handful (okay, maybe two handfuls) of digital books left.
2. I want to re-read the Anne of Green Gables series (below) and Mary Stewart's Arthurian Saga series (above) because I loved them both and it's been long enough that I only barely remember the story lines.
3. Another goal is to make a serious dent in my bookshelves. There are wayyy to many unread books on my shelves.
4. I resolve to cull my book stash...see April's post for some tips if you have the same aim (she's more ruthless than I can manage). I've already started this, and have one bag filled so far!
5. Use the library more! I love that I live so close!
6. I have a backlog of ARCs that I really want to read...I hope I can at least finish a couple of these.
7. My goal is to read about two books per week this year.
8. I want 2014's Foodie February to blow every other Foodie February out of the water content-wise. I want to do two foodie fiction/cookbook reviews a week...we'll see :)
9. I'd like to continue reading from a variety of different genres...I need to make sure that I include some more non-fiction this year. I've got a couple of books on my shelves that would fit the bill - goal double whammy!
10. Buuut, at the same time, my fave genre is literary fiction and to get to my overall books read goal, I think I should allow myself to read more from this category.