Tuesday, January 14, 2014

TTT: Top Ten 2014 Debuts

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, this week's topic: Top Ten 2014 Debuts I'm Excited For:

1.  The Anatomy of Dreams by Chloe Benjamin...dream experimentation with ethical implications - sounds like a unique reading experience!

2.  Wake by Anna Hope...recommended for folks looking for a new historical fiction gem!  Yes, it is set during WWII yet again, but the plot sounds fresh.

3.  The Girl in the Road by Monica Byrne...blurb says influenced by Margaret Atwood, Neil Gaiman, and Erin Morgenstern - sold!

4.  Half Bad by Sally Green...a book about magic where the author is likened to J. K. Rowling - well, now I'm definitely curious! 

5.  Vienna Nocturne by Vivien Shotwell...a "sweeping historical love story" about opera and Mozart with a lot of buzz - count me in!

6.  The Book of Jonah by Joshua Feldman...a modern retelling of the Biblical story - sounds interesting!

7.  All That is Solid Melts Into Air by Darragh McKeon...a novel set during the Chernobyl disaster that is getting praise from Colm Toibin sounds like something I want to pick up.

8.  The Bend of the World by Jacob Bacharach...the plot summary has already sucked me in, I can't wait to read it!

9.  Shotgun Lovesongs by Nickolas Butler...a Midwestern tale of intertwined lives with a musical twist!

10.  Three Souls by Janie Chang...an emotional rollercoaster of a young ghost set in 1930s China.

2 comments:

  1. Half-Bad is on my list, too!
    My TTT: http://takeawalkonthewriteside.blogspot.it/2014/01/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-2014-debuts.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! The Anatomy of Dreams sounds really good. Shotgun Lovesongs made it onto my list too. Would love for you to stop by and check out my Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete