Here is the before photo of our backyard:
|See the lovely chain-link?|
We've already replaced most of the chain link fence with a wood fence - just one more section to go! Our other plans for the backyard include:
- See the tree on the right? It was cut down by the previous owners and they left a lovely wood chip pile. That along with the huge sections of lawn we had to spray to kill poison ivy means we have a lot of grass seed to plant!
- In the far right of the photo you can see the backboard of our built-in basketball hoop. This sucker needs reset (it's leaning) and a new paint job - I'm thinking Cream & Crimson for IU!
- Lastly, there's this creepy run-down barn (not pictured) that we are planning to tear down.
It's actually in way worse shape than this picture suggests...the folks before us planted stuff at random all along the front beds and they are a big old mess now! Our front yard plans include:
- Redo the plant beds: I'm taking out those boxwoods on the left (but putting 2 of them in planters for the front stoop). A lot of the shrubs are being relocated to the back or side of the house (we already took out the one on the far right).
- Add a cohesive landscape in the beds: it's relatively shady on the front side of our house so I'm thinking lots of hostas and coleus.
- Paint the door: I want to paint our door bright red to add a pop of color!
- Redo our mailbox: it needs to be reset as it is listing forward...and it's just ugly - time for a revamp!
- Mayyyybe paint the siding...I go back and forth on this one :)